I am wee bit embarrassed to say that over the past few weeks I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Aware 3 times and until today I failed to act on it. Sorry! I am so very honored to have been selected (three times!) — I just have limited writing time and have not had a chance to do the proper post. Many thanks to Raquel at Knit It Out, Fiona at Cursing & Crafting, and Rachel at MidKnit Owl for the nominations!
For those who haven’t heard of it, The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and it’s purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
Ok, so here goes!
My 11 Facts:
1. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Art History.
2. I have never had a cavity. Ever.
3. My 5-year-old daughter chooses all my nail polish colors.
4. In high school I was a HUGE band geek and could play almost every instrument at least a little.
5. In Kindergarten I had to go to speech class because I couldn’t pronounce my ‘S’s’ properly. My workbook was called, “Sarah’s Super ‘S’ Book.”
6. I still have a slight lisp.
7. I like dry red wine.
8. My dad built my lawnmower from scraps.
9. My dog likes to play hide & seek with unsuspecting passers-by, so I have to check to make sure the walk is clear before letting him out.
10. I swim for exercise, but may be the worst lap swimmer in the history of lap swimming.
11. I am not a morning person or a night person. I’m mostly a middle of the day kind of person.
11 Questions Answered:
Since I had three nominations, I am going to answer a couple questions from each of my nominators.
1. Rain or snow?
I like both, but if I had to choose, snow.
2. Why did you start crafting?
It wasn’t really a choice, I just grew up crafting. It was just something you did in my house.
3. What is your favourite dessert?
Dark Chocolate. Or Fruit.
4. What project are you most proud of?
My son’s ‘Transportation Blanket.’ It was a lot of work, but most importantly my son picked it out & he still insists on sleeping under it every single night.
5. If you had to invite three historical figures to dinner, who would they be?
Queen Elizabeth II, Sacagawea, Henri Matisse
6. Favorite film?
7. What country would you most like to visit?
Iceland — I studied a lot of geology in college. Geology + rich knitting/wool interest = Iceland.
8. What’s your dream job?
My dream job is the one I have: Mum. It wasn’t always my dream to have kids and stay home with them, but some times I think it’s good to let your dreams develop from the life you have.
9. . If the man/woman of your life asked you to have 8 kids, would you say yes?
5 or 6 years ago, I’d have said yes to my husband as long as we could provide for them. I’m a little long in the tooth for 6more now, though.
10. If you could go on holiday right this minute, where would you go?
Acadia National Park, Maine, USA
11. What’s your favorite crafting website?
My 11 Questions:
1. Would you rather vacation in the city or country?
2. Favourite: Dog or cat?
3. If you had to chose one leg of a triathlon to race which would it be? Run, Bike, or Swim?
4. Which musical instrument would you most like to learn to play?
5. Describe your dream meal.
6. What are your favourite shoes?
7. When you were a child, what was your dream job?
8. Sunrise or sunset?
9. What’s your least favourite household chore?
10. Have you been swimming in an ocean?
11. Do you read more online or in paper books/magazines?
It was so hard to narrow down to 11 blogs! You should check these blog out — I promise they are awesome!